Friday 2 January 2015

POW!

After getting back from Florida last night (or rather, this morning), I spent a solid 8 hours working on the computer and getting things ready to head back to class on Monday. During our holiday, I read "The First Days of School" by Wong and Wong. It's a book that every teacher should read. Some of the information is (or should be) common sense, but there are some good ideas. You can learn more by clicking on the picture below!

I got some great ideas for organizing and preparing my classroom for Monday. I'm treating it like the first day of school and we will spend a good portion of the week establishing and going over classroom routines and expectations.

One of the new procedures I'm putting into place is a POW - problem of the week - a math word problem to be done at home and with parent help. I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet online, so this gives me a wonderful opportunity to create it on my own! Each word problem will be sorted by season/month and will be relative to the numeracy framework I follow so that our word problems are directly relatable to the curriculum we are covering in class. Look for this in the next couple of weeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment