Saturday 20 December 2014

First Week in First/Second Grade!

I just had my first week in my new classroom. The students (affectionately referred to as my "nuggets") are all adorable and sweet and I just love them already! The classroom, itself, was not in a good mood. Things were all over the place, unorganized, and generally a cluttered mess. I spent early mornings and late evenings getting the classroom rearranged and organized. I will post pictures in the new year when the rest of the organization and labelling is done.

The class has had a supply teacher for the past 9 weeks. I was concerned about the transition to a new teacher (their 3rd this year), but the transition went so smoothly! The students are fantastic as are the families I have met so far. In the new year, I will be starting the first week by calling each family to introduce myself in person.

I have so many ideas of things to create for the classroom! I will get working on those after the holidays since we leave for Florida tomorrow. I can't wait to start looking around at all of the first and second grade blogs for resources as well. I am LOVING my new position so far!

No comments :

Post a Comment