Sunday 14 December 2014

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

After 3 and a half months of supply teaching, I got a full-time teaching job for the rest of the school year! I had to interview along with 4 other people and apparently, the principal was quite impressed with me and I was the successful candidate! There is a lot of work to do in the classroom. It is a grade 1/2 class with pretty much half and half of both grade level as well as gender (11 boys, 9 girls - 11 grade ones, 9 grade 2's). The regular classroom teacher has actually been off for around 9 weeks already and there has been a supply teacher in there. That teacher already changed up a lot of the routines and programs so I have that to contend with as well. Additionally, there are 2 boys on the autism spectrum in the room who require their own individualized attention. Thankfully, I have an AMAZING EA in the room who is there to work with the 2 boys.

I observed and helped in the room on Friday and officially start with the class tomorrow. This week before Christmas is a little wonky with special activities going on, so I plan to treat it like a supply teaching week while I get to know the kids and start working on reorganizing the room (it's very DISorganized right now which is anxiety-creating for me). The EA is thankful that I'm coming in and slightly OCD because overall, it will create a better learning environment for the students.

I will start posting pictures of the room and I'm so excited to get back into creating amazing things for my little nuggets that I will share here and on TPT!

No comments :

Post a Comment