Thursday 27 November 2014

Radio Silence

I've been completely radio silent lately online. I haven't posted on the blog, haven't posted to TPT, or any other social media as Apple Bottom Beans. Why? Because I've been supply teaching like a crazy person. Thanks to so many of my teacher friends, I have been working nearly non-stop since the beginning of the school year. I have to say, after months of DREADING supply teaching again, I am really enjoying it this year. I have been able to take time off to go on my boys' field trips, spend days at home with them, nursing them when they are sick, and sometimes, I just take a day off because I feel like it. But basically, whenever I want to work, there's a supply job available to me!

I am now currently waiting to hear about an LTO job that I applied for. I believe I am at (or very near) the top of the seniority list for any upcoming LTO jobs that get posted. This job, is a grade 1/2 that I have been in a few times. It's a quiet county school in the country with a great staff and wonderful families. I will be very blessed and fortunate if this opportunity is offered to me. The posting came down either yesterday or today with an immediate start date (presumably Monday).

With this prospect in front of me, I am feeling re-inspired to get my creative teaching juices flowing again. I have started pinning things left and right and soon, will be ready to begin producing my own products again. Please bear with me during this process.

No comments :

Post a Comment