Monday 8 December 2014

Interview? Again???

I have been a supply teaching machine so far this year! It's been wonderful. I know I posted this before, but I am actually really enjoying the supply teaching thing. I've been taking a day off here and there, just because I can, but for the most part, I'm working every day! That said, my bank account {and husband} would like me to be working full-time. Until just recently, there were no jobs being posted that I was eligible for. Then the posting came up for a grade 1/2 classroom at a nice country school I have been to a couple of times this year. Both the classroom teacher {who is off on sick leave before having her baby} and the EA in the classroom have spoken to the principal of the school about me - encouraging him to hire me for the position. But, the school board has told the principals that they need to interview the top 5 senior candidates for LTO jobs through the year. So... tomorrow I have an interview for a .2 {one day a week} LTO job teaching LLI {Leveled Literacy Intervention} at the school I'm at the most, and on Wednesday, I have an interview at the country school for the full-time Grade 1/2 position. I am good with either, but obviously the full-time job and having my own classroom would be preferred.

In the meantime, I have signed up to complete my Intermediate qualifications {grade 7-10} with an online physical education course that starts in February. I will have my intermediate qualifications by April which means I will be qualified in all 3 elementary divisions in time for spring staffing. Many jobs {including permanent} come up in the intermediate grades so this puts me at an advantage since several of the people with more seniority on the LTO list only have primary and junior qualifications. And I think I would like to teach the upper elementary grades for a bit.

Only 2 more weeks until Christmas holidays!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment