Friday 3 July 2015

A Change of Pace!

For 7 years (6, if you don't count my year of maternity leave), I have been supply teaching and covering maternity leaves. In January, I decided to get my qualifications in the Intermediate Division so that I can teach grade 7 and 8. I did so and enjoyed it. My teachable subject is now Health and Physical Education. Well, the hard work and extra education paid off!!! Last night around 9:30 p.m., I got a call from a principal in my board offering me a full-time PERMANENT contract teaching grade 7/8 at a school located in my city!

Teaching the 7th and 8th grades is going to be a huge change for me as I'm used to teaching the little nuggets in primary, but it's a challenge I am happily accepting! I am so excited to begin my permanent teaching career!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment